Are benefits and pensions taxable in the US?

In the US, all revenues received should be listed on the U.S. 1040. This means not only wage earnings and pension income should be mentioned, but any benefits received too. It should include, among other things, unemployment benefits, disability insurance, invalidity insurance, but also the child benefit received.

To the extent that tax has already been paid on all these benefits in Netherlands, this Dutch tax may be deducted from the US tax due.

Read more on what this could mean for you under tax payable. You can read here that a certain exemption can also be claimed, but this exemption only applies to wage earnings or income as a self-employed person. Therefore, pensions and benefits do not fall under this!